This Blog Has Moved -- "Burn My Computer's" New Home:

Hi,

This blog has moved to this address. Please go there to read the latest entries. Thank you!

Friday, December 13, 2013

I haven't decided to burn my computer just yet!

I haven't decided to burn my computer just yet.One lesson learned lately is that I need to stop downloading so much crap. I also decided to get rid of some of the Chrome browser extension add-ons I don't use anymore. 

Using my favorite registry cleaner regularly always seems to help, too. Therefore, I haven't needed to trash my PC so far. 

In fact, I fixed quite a bit of issues lately. Tomorrow you'll see a post about how I resolved an issue with Skype not working pretty fast. That also is related somewhat to what I'm writing now. 


How I Fix My Slow Computer


First, I run my PC cleaner download. That helps me not have to dig into my system files to remove any invalid entries in it. That's a pain anyway, and I really don't have time for that. Because, as I mentioned in another post, I have work to do. Not only that but I'm only an intermediate computer student, if you want to know the truth!

Then, I get rid of old files and programs. Sometime I'll have to tell you more about disk clean up tools and adding or removing programs if you don't know. However, this time I just went into the folders where I knew the programs were installed and I deleted all active program files. (Hint: Add or Remove Programs Tool on Windows)

Never download a crappy file again! Once I know some piece of random freeware or some browser extension with a bug ruined my PC performance, I banish it. Never again will I give a program another chance that has so many problems. I know, I get what I pay for when downloading freeware, but still. I have to protect myself. 







No comments:

Post a Comment